Re: [OM] Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:38:53 +0930
  Surprised you don't see eucalyptus oil in CA!

  The reason we suggested it is because it is effective, but much less
  aggressive on plastics than some petroleum-based cleaners.

  I'm relaying Rosemary's advice here. She has tried almost everything over
  the years in restoring / cleaning old sewing machines, cameras, furniture
  etc, and that is what she has found.

  Eucalyptus oil is a volatilized vegetable matter product. Another
  suggestion on similar lines is vegetable turpentine (aka wood turps or
  rectified turps) obtainable at art supply shops.

  Eucalyptus oil might be found at a health food or aromatic oils shop.

  One way to test any of these things is to try to emulate the problem by
  taking a container with a pressure sensitive label
  and putting it through a dishwasher. This will often leave a sticky mess
  of baked on glue which is ideal for testing any suggested remedy.

regards
  Andrew & Rosemary