[OM] OT Moose's failings, was Pictures from England - Flying Legends

Subject: [OM] OT Moose's failings, was Pictures from England - Flying Legends
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:01:45 -0700
Thanks Gary (and Thomas  :-) )

I was seriously into airplanes in my prepubescent years. I still have a scrapbook full of lovingly cut out pictures and descriptions glued onto the pages. I'm sure some of you remember airplane trading cards that came in bubblegum. I didn't collect baseball cards, I collected airplane cards. I know of at least 2 factors that contributed to the decline in interest back then. First, I lost my card collection. Second, hormonal changes in my body and the bodies of the females in my vicinity took up an increasing amount of my attention. Later acquisition of a drivers licence and a job to pay for gas, dates, etc. put the nail in the airplane coffin, at least short term.

For whatever reason, my interest in airplanes, except as a relatively quick and convienient means of transportation, has slowly declined over many years. But I think it's cool that you guys have so much fun with them.

Moose

Gary L. Edwards wrote:

And finally, Thomas said:

Airplanes are way too cool - someone, please teach Moose :)

To which I reply:

Nope.  Moose is a fine fellow with many sterling qualities, but I don't
think that he is trainable.  ;-)