Re: [OM] thanks, also o-product???

Subject: Re: [OM] thanks, also o-product???
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:37:50 +0200
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:06:47 -0500
"Steve and Kathy" <fishfan@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for the welcome.
> Also, thanks for the lense test info.  I'll have fun with that.
> A huge thanks for the battery info.  The camera store tells me they
> have the mercury batteries, but I haven't needed any so I haven't
> tried to get some.
>
> Strange is not an issue with me.  I am a professional aquarist and
> worked at a tropical fish hatchery for almost 10 years.  All of my
> best friends and family are...strange.

Ohh...you're now so much more welcome. A fellow aquarist :) Although
not professional, I am into fishes to the extend where the main
reason why I consider moving to a bigger place is, that I need (of
course, it is "need", right?) another 400l tank, which doesn't fit in
my apartment anywhere :)

Now, there's a good reason for getting a 50/3.5 macro --
fish-portraits :)

> Speaking of strange, the o-products are a revelation.  I know this
> is an OM group, but...how did I miss all this?  I'm all over ebay
> tonight learning about this.
> kathyD

Well, it is an OM group, yes, but in general open for "everything
Olympus". Digital photography seems to be a minority on the list,
since there are much more appropriate forums out there for digital
photographers -- but we even do have the odd digital thread here
every so often.

--thomas