[OM] ( OM ) OM bodies and lenses mentioned in the LUG

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OM bodies and lenses mentioned in the LUG
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:18:35 +1200
Hi,

Tonight I was researching the Voigtlander L, and an image on a page I had
saved was incomplete, so I went looking for it again. I soon found it but the
search also pulled up a page of the L*ica Users Group, so I donned thigh
waders and went in.

There were a couple of threads devoted to comparing L & OM gear, and
surprisingly kind words were said about Zuikos (surprising considering what
Zuikoholics seem to expect to be said in that forum) especially the Zuiko 50
f/1.8 (varieties not specified) the big whites, and the 35 - 80 f/2.8 .

But what in their mind seemed to be the downfall of OM gear was the
unreliability of OM bodies. One writer did a LOT of microscope work and said
he was a careful user. But first an OM2, then an OM1, them an OM4Ti
packed up in a short space of time; and a N*k*n FM2? with a Photomic ?
just kept plugging on - and on and on.

FWIW,

Brian