RE: [OM] [OT] Need your opinion on this

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Need your opinion on this
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:52:11 +0100
Boris

Seems to me that you need to cut your losses.  By that I mean, treat the
USD1000 as a loss, as well as the warranty.  If the insurer is insolvent
(and SC&E too, which sounds like what has happened), then your claim joins
everyone else as an unsecured creditor.  On the bright side, the liquidators
maight realize enough tp pay 50c on the dollar - but that might be a *long*
time coming.

The other approach is through the dealer who sold you the (worthless)
warranty, perhaps a talk wth the local Better Business Bureau would help.

These pages have some background:-
http://www.automotivedigest.com/view_art.asp?articlesID=9603
http://www.usedcarnews.com/news/2003/07/07/headlines.html#story8

Piers

PS Stick to used OM equipment please - it's dangerous out there!