Re: [OM] Another travel kit type question

Subject: Re: [OM] Another travel kit type question
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:53:58 -0300
I have the Samyang 18-28, which I'm sure is the same lens. I paid $65US for
mine in LN condition so I'm not sure how that compares to GBP. It focuses
backwards, which is a bit of a pain, but for all I use it, I guess it
doesn't really matter. Most of my photography is just not suited to using
that wide. The pictures seem to come out okay, but the light readings with
it always scare me. I've quit trying to use spot mode on the OM2s with it,
and just set it to one of the auto modes.

Here is a shot with it set at 18mm.
I almost never use it at anything other than 18mm, so for me a prime lens
like one of the 17mm's would have been a better choice.
Wayne