Re: [OM] Another travel kit type question

Subject: Re: [OM] Another travel kit type question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:20:19 -0700
The 19-35/3.5-4.5 sold as Vivitar, Phoenix, Cosina (and ?) is a better performer and focuses in the same direction as Zuikos. It also takes you up to 35mm, possibly eliminating yet another lens in a light kit. Speaking of light kit, the Samyang, etc. is metal construction and heavy while the Vivitar, etc. is plastic bodied and very light. None of the listees who have the plastic one have reported any problems with reliability so far. I like mine a lot and really appreciate the light weight.

Brian has posted tests of both of them on his site <http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/0.000000E+00bj/zuiko/>. He has requested that this URL not be posted outside the list.

Moose

Piers Hemy wrote:

I am pretty sure that Sirius is also marketed as Samyang, Exakta and maybe
also Soligor.
I have had an 18-28 in the Sirius guise, and while it is no Zuiko in terms
of cosmetics (design and finish), nor in terms of size and weight, and it
also focuses the wrong way,

On Behalf Of jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Secondly, I'm considering purchasing a 18-28mm,4/4.5 Sirius lens for the
trip