RE: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: RE: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:55:31 -0700
Heh. 'English' has been well and truly co-opted by those of us in the USofA. We
outnumber y'all by what? Almost 5:1 (281,000,000:60,000,000 as of 2000 data)?
Heck, there are over half as many Californians (~33,000,000 as of 2000) as
there are residents of the UK.

So we're doing our best to keep 'English' a vibrant, dynamic and living
language. After all it's only the dead ones that remain static. Consider
yourselves lucky that we've retained its name. :-)

---
Scott Gomez
(And if *that* doesn't stir the pot a bit, I don't know what will)