RE: [OM] scaring bugs (OT)

Subject: RE: [OM] scaring bugs (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:47:36 +1000
> Daniel [mailto:danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I have seen small dust mite bugs types while looking at my
> 35mm slide at 4X, what the heck are they doing in the slide box?

Eating dust? <grin>

Dust mites get everywhere. It's something like 900f the "dust"
that we get around the house is our own dead skin cells. You
just about can't skin-handle anything without getting "dust"
on it. Dust mites eat this skin.

Interesting story:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/dustmite.htm

(I was "online" for this E*S list story, betraying my affinities
for the Wonderbrick Mentality <g>0

BTW, Willem's site is a good one, especially if you're an IR
fan, but nowhere near exclusively so:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mainpage.htm

Of course, there *were* a couple of Google links that worried
folk about them being a species that didn't mind the taste
of the film emulsion (Mite alcoholics?), but that seemed
fairly vague. Google some more and there might be more difinitives.

...then, for those that find this icky, we can go into the
"bugs" that live *on* and *in* us...<vbg>

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz