Re: [OM] Apple to Orange comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] Apple to Orange comparison
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:00:27 +1000
You can use a pola on a Leica - without investing (heavily) in the Leica flip-over type. One way is to judge the level off effect from the metering - more effect drops the light level through the lens and requires opening up. You get used to guessing the degree but you get no preview - important for shots with a lot of sky. The other is to glue a cheap small pola to a shoe pinched from a dead flash. You then calibrate it to the nice B+W Kaesmann you put on the lens and mark corresponding numbers or marks on the two polas. You use it as a supplementary viewer in the flash shoe, set the ideal pola effect and then dial in the same amount on the lens mounted filter. Takes time to set up but once done, it works quite well. I think Konica were threatening to make a set to use with their M-RF body but it hasn't appeared yet. I'm considering selling my old but lovely Leica CL help fund an M7, now that I've got a Voigt R2 that does the same job. How do you like the 7 - worth the cost?
Andrew