Re: [OM] OT nice smeling deisels

Subject: Re: [OM] OT nice smeling deisels
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:00:36 -0300
Actually, a diesel engine can run on vegatable oil. My understanding is that
it's not as good for wear on the engine if it's not filtered well and in
winter you can have even more trouble starting as the vicosity is too high
in cold temps.

You can go to http://www.greasecar.com/ and buy a conversion kit to convert
your diesel car to a "grease car". I believe that most of their systems
still use diesel for starting the engine and then you switch over to the
grease once it's going.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/