Re: [OM] Sun as a star

Subject: Re: [OM] Sun as a star
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:56:45 -0700
I have a 1950s Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2,8/50 T screw mount lens with a 14 blade diaphram. Pre-set diaphram of course. I believe that not only cost, but the need for very low friction and operating force for auto SLR lenses led to the change to fewer blades than might be optimal in more recent lenses.

Moose

Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas wrote:

But yes, there are (older) lenses with *a lot* of diaphragm blades -- I
have now in my hands a Jupiter-11 (Russian copy of the pre-war Z*iss Sonnar
135mm F4, in L*ica thread mount) and it seems to have 12 blades...