RE: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: RE: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:00:36 -0400
andrew fildes wrote:

>OK then - invade us - that's if any of you can work out where the hell we are given the state of Geography >education over there! (I cite the couple who asked if they could get tickets to the Vienna Boys Choir as well >while they were visiting the Sydney Olympics - think about it!)

ROTFL...yep, we're pretty sad when it comes to geography. Back in the middle 90's when our Atlanta Organizing Committee (or whatever the committee was called) was hot and heavy into the home stretch preparations for the '96 Olympics here in Atlanta they mistook the Olympic Party from the State of New Mexico for that from the country of Mexico. Talk about embarrassing. But hey, we got past it and had a great time anyway.

Our sense of history isn't much better. It's been a while, but once I had a visiting cousin actually ask me to take him to see where the slaves live. Groooaaaannnn!

Gary