[OM] RE: [OT] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: [OM] RE: [OT] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:24:10 +1000
Gregg said:
[In North Carolina] There are still folks who use the terms onest, twice, thrice in everyday language. I have heard that if you really want to hear "old English" go to parts of the south...
Or parts of the North. The Boston accent is reputedly the sound of East Anglia of the early 1700's.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA (about 10 miles northwest of Boston)

I'd doubt that, being familiar with the modern East Anglian accent. They don't sound anything like the Kennedy's. They do use some Norse and Dutch words though!
Andrew