Re: [OM] Radioactive glass

Subject: Re: [OM] Radioactive glass
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:57:57 -0700
You don't need to be "concerned" about the radioactive 50/1.4 .
They seem to be rarer than M lenses. I've been half heartedly
looking for one for about six months and have seen several M
lenses and cameras but not a single 50/1.4 with SN below
15x,xxx let alone below 13x,xxx or 12x,xxx where there is more
certainty that it is a BAD lens. Even the 55/1.2 s that I've seen
have high enough SN that their radioactivity is doubtful.     8^(
-jeff
Does anyone have a nice looking 50/1.4 with SN < 12x,xxxx
that they would sell for say $85 ? Ummm ... I don't want one
that has been "repaired".