Re: [OM] [OT] ISP Recommendation -- Was RE: olympus-digest V2 #4201

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] ISP Recommendation -- Was RE: olympus-digest V2 #4201
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Jul 2003 02:43:31 -0500
>>> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:56:12 -0700, RickM <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

 r> If you are looking for personal recommendations for a dsl service,
 r> i've had earthlink (mindspring) dsl for a couple of years and
 r> wouldn't hesitate recommending it... few times i've had to call
 r> support or customer service, they've been good...  last down time
 r> was over a year ago...  on the road, they even have local dial-up
 r> numbers in oz, so that i could enjoy my time in alice springs by
 r> logging on to the office and continue working...  ;)

Earthlink recently shutdown a number of call centers and layed off
about half of their support staff. I was on Mindspring before they
sold out to Earthlink. The difference was night and day. Mindspring
won all kinds of awards for their customer service. In all the years I
used them (dialup only, pre-DSL days) I found nothing to complain
about. Then they sold out to Earthlink and their service started its
downward spiral. Call wait times were rediculous before, with half the
people taking calls and working problems, I suspect their plan is to
hope that you give up before you finally get a real person on the phone.

Just my $0.02...

Johnie