Re: [OM] New ISP (was RE: olympus-digest V2 #4201)

Subject: Re: [OM] New ISP (was RE: olympus-digest V2 #4201)
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:44:07 -0500
I guess I didn't specify. The annoying popups were on the web based e-mail reader I had to use when I was logged in from other computers. Speakeasy's web e-mail reader has no popups. Until recently it didn't even have next and previous buttons...

Thanks, Steve Goss

Moose wrote:

SBC/Yahoo is my isp, and I get no pop-up ads, etc. I don't generally use the browser they set up, as I prefer Netscape, but even when I do, there are no pop-ups from them.

Not advocating or speaking against any isp, just setting he record straight.

Once a connection is established through an isp, it is generally possible to start up another browser, pick some other place as home page and stay out of whatever foolishness they foist on you. At least that has been my limited experience with 2 cable modem and one DSL suppliers.

Moose

Steve Goss wrote:

and none of the pop up ads and other annoyances that I would get with SBC/Yahoo.