[OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm

Subject: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bcf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:41:20 +0200
I have received today a Tamron 17mm lens bought on *bay. It is the older version (the one with filters). It comes with an Adaptall ring for Contax, so I cannot test it immediately (the Olympus OL ring is in the mail!). I have a few question for the Adaptall-savvy among you...

I was very surprised by the behaviour of the diaphragm ring: its rotation has an immediate effect on the aperture. Is this normal? On Zuiko lenses, you have to press the DOF button for the diaphragm to close. But since this is my first Adaptall lens, I don't know what to expect.

And by the way... where is the DOF preview button on this lens?!!!?

What is the "AE" setting on the diaphragm ring?

And finally, the lens has a hood of sorts, rather a shallow metal ring thingy which is only useful for the lens cap. I suppose this is not the 20FH hood which is supposed to fit this lens?

Bernard