RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm

Subject: RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:13:35 +0100
The DOF button for Olympus-mounted Adaptall 2 lenses ... is on the Olympus
mount, so you will have to wait for the mail man.  When fitted on the
Olympus mount, the diaphragm works just as a Zuiko does - setting the
diaphragm from 2.8 to 32 makes no difference until the shutter fires ...
unless there is a problem with the lens body - take off the Adaptall mount
to check.  Do this by opening the lens to full aperture, then press in the
button on the lens at 5 o'clock near the mount, and turn the mount
anti-clockwise.  Inside the lens near the mount release button there is a
wheel mounted on a lever which actuates the diaphragm.  Set the diaphragm to
f/22 - it should remain at f/3.5 until you push the wheel/lever in to close
the diaphragm.

The AE setting has no function specific to OM cameras - it is simply the
minimum aperture of the lens.

I have the later version of this lens (no filters), so cannot be sure, but I
suspect the "ring-thingy" is useful also for fitting filters (aside fron the
built in filters) such as a polarizer, maybe?  If it is anything like the
B6FH (for the later version) the 20FH hood is a petal shaped monster which
you would easily recognize.

Piers