RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm

Subject: RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bcf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:25:34 +0200
I don't have the B6FH at hand to measure, but my guess is that the bigger
petals are at least 2cm deep.  Here is a picture of one FS you-know-where
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2942540976&category=30060

I'm not sure this is the right hood, the add says the hood is for a 82mm diameter lens, and mine is less wide than that (even a 72mm cap is too wide). Is it not the B6FH hood, for the newer Tamron 17mm model? Anyway the seller ships to United States only - I'm in France.

It looks like you are right Bernard - it's just a gizmo to get the lens cap
to fit!  The Tamron website lists filter sizes for all its lenses - except
the 51B 17mm, for which there is no mention of a filter size!

So, no polarizing filter for this lens... :-(

Thanks again Piers!

Bernard