Re: [OM] M.15 replacement battery choices

Subject: Re: [OM] M.15 replacement battery choices
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:55:44 -0400
Joel says get a one hour charger. JH says get a MAHA. Actually, the charger in question is a MAHA MH-C204F from Thomas Distributing <http://www.thomas-distributing.com> because of several recommendations from this list some time back. The charger is supposed to charge in 60-160 minutes. It may have done a recharge in an hour once but it's usually more like 2 hours (or 3 hours if doing the full disharge/ recharge cycle).

I think part of the time requirement is due to substantial self-discharging over, say, two months. The other part is due to the battery capacity which is 1800mAH. I see that the batteries are now up to 2200mAH but at the time I bought them 1800mAH was the max available. Lesser batteries were like 1400-1500mAH and that may be what the time estimates for the charger were based on.

I don't think you could do it a whole lot faster. They get pretty warm when they're charging.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA