Re: [OM] Pictures Eastern Sierra trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures Eastern Sierra trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:01:05 -0700
Some very nice images there!

The one thing that hit me when the index page came up is the overall dominance of blue. Of course, some of the Mono Lake pics should be mostly blue, but even so, I wonder if the tufa is so blue-gray. It's been a long time, but I seem to recall something with a bit more of a very light earthy tone to it. Certainly the White Mt. pics not in direct, early/late sunlight, look very blue. Recalling the thread about blue tints in high altitude photography kicked off by Wayne's trips to the altiplano, I think I'm going to make sure to take some 81 series filtering along next time I go up high.

Moose

Richard F. Man wrote:

OK, here are the "best ones:" Mid-June 2003, Mono Lake + Bristlecone Pine Forests
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/2003ESierra/
Leica M7 35/1.4ASPH
OM-4T 90/2