Re: [OM] An OM-PC and 35-70 fang? Removing white oxide on rubber grips

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM-PC and 35-70 fang? Removing white oxide on rubber grips
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:21:57 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

As Moose says, he's bought several OM-PC's where nothing was wrong except dead batteries. I just did the same and for $54 (shipping included) got an OM-PC with no brassing and a 35-70 f/3.5-4.5 in the same condition to go along with it.

Yeah I got a deal about like that once. Feels good, no?. Interesting tidbit about brassing. The OMPC has plastic top and bottom plates with a brass colored finish under the black paint, so although they are plastic, they 'brass' like brass covers, but aren't as tough.

Now to the real reason for this note. Does anyone have any experience removing the white oxide that appears on the OM-PC's grips?

I had one with some of the white stuff. As I recall, it came off rather easily, but I don't remember how. Maybe with a brush and damp cloth, or maybe a little windex or some such mild cleaner. The kinda slick, oily look is more common. I wouldn't use armorall for fear of ending up with a camera that would slip out of my hands.

Moose