Re: [OM] TOPE 14 Moose' pic

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE 14 Moose' pic
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:30:32 -0700
OK, I give up, Dan.

Olaf's first guess is the best one. My SO has a favorite palm tree in a botanical garden, a different kind that is huge in number of trunks and overall width, rather than absolute height. One can climb up into the center and meditate. One day she brought home a piece of fallen bark, probably the base part of a frond, and laid it in a flower bed, where it has further weathered. While in the garden shooting flowers, I took a shot of it gleaning in late afternoon light. In the end, I liked it better than the shots I took specifically for TOPE 14. I didn't say what it was for exactly the reason made clear by the various ideas, that certain processes, in this case, deterioration through exposure to destructive elements, look remarkably similar over different original materials and type and time of exposure.

Jerky Moose

Daniel wrote:

I know! Moose Jerky is what it is. A ha!
Dan