Re: [OM] OT Names for hydrocarbons

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Names for hydrocarbons
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 06:15:18 +0100
Hi Gregg

I believe you merely put it into the tank with the diesel. It might be worth splitting it into 2 loads to ensure that it does mix, but that is what the book says.

My diesel is the 2.5litre 5 cylinder block bored out to 2.7 litres with common rail injection (CDi). I have been told by my local MB dealer that the CDi engines are pretty sensitive to the fuel. However your 6 cylinder TD should be great for using different, suitable, fuels. I had a E300TD Estate in 1998 and I loved it. Restaurants are probably only too pleased to have somewhere to offload their surplus fat/oil, so why not ask for a regular supply?

My next diesel will be the BMW 320d, also a common rail so I probably will not risk too much of the restaurant fat, but I will read the instructions and ask some professionals...

I should be interested in how you get on.

Cheers

Chris