Re: [OM] OT Names for hydrocarbons (vegetable oil as diesel fuel)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Names for hydrocarbons (vegetable oil as diesel fuel)
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:23:34 -0400
At 5:04 AM +0000 8/1/03, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:50:12 -0400
>From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] OT  Names for hydrocarbons
>
>Thanks Chris,
>
>We have two MB 300 D Turbos .  I have wondered if it would be worth it to
>use used vegetable oil in them, but decided I might gain too much weight
>(on my body) if I had to go to restaurants every time I needed to fill up.
>
>What kind of set up would be needed to mix the liquids?  I believe it might
>save some $ to use the mix and at least save on the highway taxes charged
>on the kerosene.

It may be too much trouble in small quantities, because of the necessity to
clean all the food out of the oil, to prevent plugging the fuel injection
system up.  But, I bet Mercedes has a white paper on just how to do this.  I
have read articles about people who use their vehicles off the roads, like
farmers, doing such things, and Mercedes are used all over the world.  Perhaps
the information is on their website.

Joe Gwinn