RE: [OM] Help from UK members, were to get film

Subject: RE: [OM] Help from UK members, were to get film
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:06:49 +1000
There were galahs on the plane? You must have been way, way out beyond the black stump!
AndrewF

(just a camera/aireport/x-ray story)

Recently I flew with a load of equipment and film interstate,
city-to-city. No problems with all my equipment. On the way
back, but from a regional city (smaller airport), they asked
me to remove all of my equipment from my backpack, and then
sent it through individually (me smiling and "no worries" all
the way of course) them apologising for the inconvenience
*after* they'd finished rescanning - courtesy for courtesy
I guess. There was a sign at the scanning point saying
"We take all jokes about security SERIOUSLY" (nice little
warning for those galahs that like to tell them they've
got plastic explosive in their carry-on). Odd, to rescan
though, as nothing was in lead bags, and everything was
definitely "camera-shaped". Security definitely seemed
tighter at the regionals than the major cities.

We can't take even nail-clippers on carry-on, but just before
the Bali bomb I inadvertantly went to Bali and back with a
Swiss Army "credit card" knife in the front of my bag, and
they were doing double-scans at Denpasar. I count myself lucky
I didn't get caught up with security at either end.

Now I just want a belt that doesn't trigger the walkthrough.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz