Re: [OM] 100mm 2 vs. 2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm 2 vs. 2.8
From: Thomas Haegin <haegint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:02:12 +0200 (CEST)
Rick,
I'd say the 2.0/100 would be nice to have for shooting
stage performances of all kinds where you must not use
a flash. Together with a high speed film, this would
be a powerful available-light configuration.

I would not see any benefit in using it for regular
daylight photography. I like my 2.8/100 specifically
for photographing the children in our family. It lets
you keep a nice distance from them, I find.

I find it too short for many other uses. I use it
rarely I must admit. But for children and portraits I
do like it.

Thomas

 --- RickM <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb: > In terms
of actually using these lenses, what is the