Re: [OM] Best way to see dust in a lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to see dust in a lens?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 23:45:47 -0400
Postulate:
---------------
A sampling of dust from all of the continents on Earth would average out to 18
0ray so what's the point?  I mean why make a Big
Deal over it?  Why shouldn't I just drink beer and watch reruns of "Seinfeld"
for the next year like the Poly Sci majors?
---------------

My real agenda is getting ready for the 10 hour roadtrip Tuesday.  Six more
hours on Thursday.  Six again on the following Monday.
The final 10 hours on Wednesday.  The countdown clock is ticking.  Two new
toys: XA with A11 flash.  Konica 17mm SuperWide
single-use camera.  Naturally I will unload it and reuse it.  heh heh.

Oly content: Only one body in the Lama stable: OM-PC to be complemented from
the list below.  None is slower than f/2.8 and all of
them are sharp enough to use wide open.  One by one I've sold all of my Zuikos
(except for the 50mm f/1.8 MiJ !!) for less
expensive, faster, or sometimes sharper lenses.  I'm not saying I'm always
right and it might be Scales Syndrome: I like to see 'em
come and go.  You be the judge:

Zuiko 135 f3.5 -> Tamron f/2.5
Zuiko 100 f2.8 -> 90mm Series1 f/2.5 macro
Zuiko 50 f1.4  -> Zuiko 50 f1.8 MiJ
Zuiko 50  f3.5 macro -> auto tubes
Zuiko 28 f2    -> Tamron 2.8 (don't miss the faster one)
No predecessor -> Sigma 24mm f2.8 THE SHARPEST OF THE LOT!

Kodak Portra 160 NC (normal color saturation) portrait film and Fuji 800 XTRA
(normal saturation with 4th layer for low-light).
Heavy Bogen 3020 legs with dual-bubble 3047 head.  Yeah baby!  Yeah!

Lama