Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?

Subject: Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 07:59:59 -0600
At 07:31 AM 8/3/2003 -0500, Skip Williams wrote:
I thought that last year the list software had been reconfigured to be a subscribers only list, where only messages from people who were on the subscriber list were let through. Wouldn't this stop the spam?

Spam on the List itself, yes. Spam sent to the address you use on the List, no. Such spam doesn't go through the List software in the first place -- just direct from the spammer to your e-mail inbox. Unless you actually mean you're receiving spam from the List? If so, then it's selective -- I haven't seen any spam on the List in ages...

The address I use for the List gets about 500+ spam messages a day. Mailwasher Pro catches about 80% to 90% automagically, and the rest are flagged enough as "possible spam" that it's easy for me to delete them. But I'd still prefer to get a lot less spam.

Garth