Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?

Subject: Re: [OM] I thought the list was subscribers only?
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:31:32 -0700
Strange, i only use this email address for the list, and i've only ever
received one (1) spam message on it, and that was several months ago...    i
just checked the "known spam" inbox at my isp for the first time for this
address, and there is one email sitting there from last monday, and messages
sit there for a fortnight, so that's 1 in 14 days...  (i have the "suspected
spam" setting turned off)...

fwiw, one of the best ways to get on spam lists is to have your email
address on a website...  spam list builders use bots that crawl the web
(like search engine bots) and harvest any email addresses it finds, but from
my experience the newsgroup postings aren't being crawled...  maybe the
earlier archives have been though...

RickM