Re: [OM] 100mm 2 vs. 2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm 2 vs. 2.8
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 02:51:19 +0200
Jose,

The 100/2.8 is indeed a very capable lens, at an affordable price.
That's hard to beat. If you like the results you get from it, then
use it and keep it and turn the deaf ear to all us sad enablers here
on the list.

I've never had a 100/2, nor have I encountered a situation where I
said "Gee, I wish my 100/2.8 was sharper". And I use my 100/2.8 a
lot, almost as mot as the 85/2....

Is I came across an 100/2 at a ridicilously low price, then I would
not pass. But I am not looking for it. Tom has supplied me with the
last piece of glass which I was actively looking for :)

--thomas

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 20:04:32 -0400
José Adolfo Segura md <segura@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm And I was so happy to get a very nice 100/2.8 from Bill G.
> I put it in my only OM-1 (i'm waiting for the deal i did with
> Gaspé) and i did my first portrait (amateur) to a friend and it
> seems very good  and discret (is the word in E.)
>
> José

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering