Re: [OM] Help from UK members, were to get film

Subject: Re: [OM] Help from UK members, were to get film
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 03:16:34 +0100
In article , Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx> writes

just before
the Bali bomb I inadvertantly went to Bali and back with a
Swiss Army "credit card" knife in the front of my bag, and
they were doing double-scans at Denpasar. I count myself lucky
I didn't get caught up with security at either end.

Slightly OT, but relevant.
Cards on the table, I work for a major (ok outside of the US, THE major and inside the US 2nd major) defence company.

October 2002 we sponsor a big defence conference in London. Lots of foreign delegates. Any guesses for the "corporate gift" given to delegates leaving the conference on their way home? Only one of Marc's above referenced Swiss Army credit card knives with corporate logo emblazoned across it!

Every time I go through Heathrow now and read the sign about how many knives they seized last year I wonder how many had our company logo on them!

The only time I had ever even heard of these before was coming through Logan Airport in Boston about 8 weeks after 911 when they requested a credit card search and I asked why!

I haven't seen it yet on Dilbert, but it must be due any day soon! ;-)
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers