Re: [OM] Strange OM-2n behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange OM-2n behaviour
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:32:12 +0100
On 03 Aug 2003 08:45:35 -0500, Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Sounds like the same problem I had on my -2n. According to Clint, its
>a sticky shutter curtain electromagnet. As I understand it, when the
>camera sits for a while (over night for example) lubricant seeps onto
>the surface of the magnets and causes them to stick. After that first
>time, it works OK.

It might also be the speed setting "variable resistor" that's actuated
when you change shutter speed.

Try this:

Before operating the camera at all, rotate the shutter speed ring back
and forth a few times (to clean the resistor contacts). If, after
that, it does not exhibit the fault, it might well be the resistor.

A similar fault can show up on "Auto"; in this case it's the ASA
resistor (under the film speed dial) that's dirty.

CLA will sort all this out!

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)