Re: [OM] ( OM ) Query on how to get a better image

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Query on how to get a better image
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:43:12 +0100
In article , Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx> writes
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 01:50:06 +0100
Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article , Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx> writes
>On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:35:22 -0400
>
>Ohhmy...is that not political correctness taken a few quantum
>leaps too far?

Possibly - contrary to popular opinion, a quantum leap is the
smallest possible energy transition.    :-)

Well, I know I know :) However relative to the size of the elements
involved, aren't we talking "orders of magnitude" here? :)

(Gee, it's been a long time since....since what, high-energy physics?
particle physics? I am getting old....)

Neither - just boring old atomic physics. There doesn't have to be much energy involved at all - in fact the quanta that result in the latent image forming on the film in your OM camera are only about 1-2eV, or the equivalent of one electron travelling through the camera meter circuit from one side of the battery to the other - and the battery can supply thousands of millions of millions of millions of those. ;-)
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers