RE: [OM] Re: ( OM) 100mm 2 vs 2.8

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: ( OM) 100mm 2 vs 2.8
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:34:21 +1000
> Brian Swale [mailto:bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> But, a tripod is not always needed - that very sharp shot
> (one of several in a series) of my rabbit was hand-held
> at 70 cm distance; but the camera was in portrait
> orientation, and I had one elbow firmly planted on
> solid concrete which would had stabilised things somewhat.

I can verify this - I have photographic proof as the holder
of the print in that solstice's swap. That is, I can verify
the way Brian was taking the photo (and thus perhaps its
sharpness) by the fact that a close look will give you quite
a clear fish-eye, or rabbit-eye in this case, view (if low
contrast, due to the colour of the rabbit's eye) of Brian
taking the photo. :-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz