Re: [OM] [OT] Speeds, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speeds, etc
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:12:05 -0400
I learned a trick from my cousin that we used effectively for several years as teenagers. As soon as you pass the cop coming at you, hit the gas. By the time he can stop and turn around you have put more distance between yourself and him/her than if you slow down. Worked for me a number of times. Now I try to stay at a speed that causes no guilt when I discover a cop nearby.

Actually, the wrong thing to do when you see a cop pointing his radar at you is to slam on the brakes. The only thing you have to do is start accelerating slowly...screws up the reading...
Ciao
Boris

The braking trick works when they are using Vascar. This is nothing more than a glorified stopwatch for timing the speed of a vehicle from line a to line b. If they see the brakes they have an invalid speed because it works on the average time between two points.

gregg