Re: [OM] Strip searching OMs at the airport

Subject: Re: [OM] Strip searching OMs at the airport
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Aug 2003 05:55:02 -0500
>>> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:26:59 -0400, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> said:

 ww> Don't expect it to get any easier.   As those of us who used to be
 ww> in the news biz love to say, this just in:

 ww> "WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Homeland Security officials have told CNN
 ww> that an advisory will be issued directing the aviation industry
 ww> and all federal screeners and local authorities to pay particular
 ww> attention to electronic items like remote key locks, and specific
 ww> brands and models of cell phones, boom boxes and cameras.

 ww> "Recent raids of al Qaeda safe houses overseas turned up evidence
 ww> that the group was trying to modified electronic devices to carry
 ww> small weapons or explosives, administration officials told CNN.
 ww> For instance, a camera flash was being modified to convert to, or
 ww> carry, a stun gun, the officials said."

 ww> Walt, who doesn't care much for flying and prefers good ol' terra
 ww> firma.  (The more the firma, the less the terra.)

Ugh. I'm not much of a fan of flying anymore. But I don't have enough
vacation time for a drive from Dallas to Detroit and back. As much of
a pain as flying has become, I don't think I would fly any place I
could drive to in less than 10 or 12 hours.

Johnie