Re: [OM] Re: [Ot] eboy

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [Ot] eboy
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:08:35 -0400
DON'T EVEN OPEN.....!!!!!! The FTC and FBI as well as eBay are after these off shore scam artists. Some can get your computer ID with an imbedded 'mole' if you log into their URL. There is a similar scam going with PayPal - - a very official looking email requesting you to log in and provide confirmation of your banking data, etc.!!!!

Key to the puzzle: eBay and PayPal and other secure sites will simply refuse service if 'update' needed. They will only 'accept', never request secure data.

Probably from Indonesia..........    deja vu !!!
Bill Hunter