[OM] Bent 50-250?

Subject: [OM] Bent 50-250?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:53:58 +0100
Some of you may remember that I complained during the Winter of a problem with my 50-250/5. The mirror in my OM4 remained up sometimes when using this lens. I thought at the time that it was the cold and my batteries.

Well, while I was at Duxford some weekends ago (must scan those shots) I realised that the problem occurred when I was propping the camera/zoom ensemble on my CamCane, and that the problem cleared when I was holding the lens and camera together. Perhaps I have been putting too much pressure on the lens mount and causing interference with the mirror assembly or shutter system.

Has anyone else detected this sort of problem?

Chris

p.s. this shows that I am capable of writing on-topic sometimes ;-) cb
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
