Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:56:33 -0500
That's not unheard of.  Most of the larger/longer/heavier OM lenses have a
tripod mount, but not the zooms (except for the 85-250mm).  The camera's
tripod mount wasn't designed to support that much weight.  Yes, using it to
hold up a heavy lens can deform the casting causing all sorts of different
problems.