Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:42:16 +0100
Thanks for that Jeff. I shall see if there is any play or deformation in my lens or camera.

Chris
On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 21:14 Europe/London, Jeff Keller wrote:

I've never had any problem with my 50-250/5. It is one of my favorite
lenses. I mostly shoot from a tripod so I'm sure it has been suspended
from the front of the camera. The 50-250/5 doesn't seem all that heavy
compared to Tamron zooms especially. Clint has surely seen more OM's and
more 50-250/5's than I have though.

You may have a funny match between that specific body and that specific
lens. I've got a zoom that won't lock securely to my OM4 but it locks
fine to every other body I've tried it on. Every other lens I've tried
on the OM4 has been fine. If you've got another heavy lens that you
could hang on your OM, that might help find where the problem is. If I
remember correctly I hung the Tamron 80-200/2.8 off the front of my
camera for a couple test pictures before I converted an OM tripod mount
to work on the Tamron.

-jeff
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker