Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bent 50-250?
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:39:50 -0700
That's a sobering thought, especially as i've been using the 50~250 with a
2X, 4T and MD on a tripod...  i haven't had any problems, but deforming the
casting does not sound like a particularly good idea...  how likely is this
to happen (or is just likely to happen after Chris decides to play bocce
with his OM?), and how serious and permanent could these problems be?
Thinking of perhaps not using that combo again, but that would be a pity...

RickM

Clint wrote:
< That's not unheard of.  Most of the larger/longer/heavier OM lenses have a
tripod mount, but not the zooms (except for the 85-250mm).  The camera's
tripod mount wasn't designed to support that much weight.  Yes, using it to
hold up a heavy lens can deform the casting causing all sorts of different
problems.