[OM] Bent 50-250

Subject: [OM] Bent 50-250
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:00:12 +0100
I've never had any problems with my 50-250/ 4ti on a tripod, other than it
being a fiddle to position. (the lens' weight causes the combo to drop
slightly when you stop supporting its weight, no matter how securely its
attached. Add a winder and its a real pain.)
I sometimes use a beanbag on the tripod head instead. As it's only a problem
with the lens out, I like the idea of the 65-200 where the lens is shortest
at its longest focal length. This would serve to minimise any of these
problems. It also focuses closer. But I know if I get one I'd never be able
to decide which one to take!
However the sharpness of the images soon makes me forget any slight handling
issues.
Adam