[OM] ] MD2 vs Winder 2

Subject: [OM] ] MD2 vs Winder 2
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:22:14 +0100
I have just downloaded a clip from C.H. Ling's site. Although its a MD1 not 2,
the noise is much better. I think a lot is due to the fact a single frame is
advanced in half the time.
No doubt the MD2 would be even better.
My concern is partly due to image - I've just started getting a few commisions.
Turning up with just a tatty champagne 4ti has lead to a few funny looks and 'I
used to have a camera like that' comments. (they didn't). Adding a winder at
least makes the camera a bit bigger (people seem to expect a pro's camera to be
bigger than their own). However the winder 2 makes a very 'amateur' sound!!! It
doesn't bother me but it seems these people feel they need to be impressed to
get their money's worth.
I also like the idea of having the drive on the camera and the power in my
pocket (handheld) or in my hand as a cable release for macro work with a
tripod. And then there's the portrait release, and motorized rewind (to impress
the client of course!). So lots of reasons other than just 5fps.
Final question - does anyone know if it mates to the camera any more securely
than a winder? Especially for macro the 'play' in the system is annoying.
Or perhaps I need a 65-116 and 80f4 (with tripod mount) instead of my 90f2.5 -
I'm sure I can justify it somehow!
Adam