[OM] Advice to a newbie?

Subject: [OM] Advice to a newbie?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:01:35 +0800
My gf's co-worker is going to take a photography class here in Taiwan starting next week. I'm fairly curious what the teacher would recommend for a camera, as she has none..

I myself have been blessed by the OM1n, I'm extremely happy that I got an all manual camera, as I learned so much about composition, focusing, f-stops vs. shutter speed etc..

Currently, there are no Om's in Taiwan :-( I would assume the recommendation would be for an N*kon FM2, but they are $$$$... So she asked what I would recommend to her, and I'm at a loss for words as far as something that's "within" budget, available here in Taiwan, and is all manual..

Thoughts?

Albert