RE: [OM] my 21/3.5 pictures

Subject: RE: [OM] my 21/3.5 pictures
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:50:54 +0100
Aren't there two different factors at work here Thomas?  I am no longer sure
of the definition of vignetting, so avoiding that term, the two factors are:

1       Shadows in the corners of the image caused by the filter

2       Image fall-off in the corners due to the difficulty of even
illumination across wide-angle lens field.

The first will be made worse as the aperture is stopped down, and/or as the
subject is closer to the lens, due to increasing depth of field.

The second will, conversely, be made worse as the aperture is opened up.

Take your pick!  My pick would be for an oversize filter with stepping ring
- have you ever seen a thin circular polarized for a price which compares to
the lens its mounted on?

Piers