Re: [OM] [OT] Delete if hearing about a,gasp, Nikon D100 offends you

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Delete if hearing about a,gasp, Nikon D100 offends you
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:43:41 -0600
At 01:46 PM 8/7/2003 +0200, Tom Scales wrote:

[snip]

Tom Scales [mailto:tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]  wrote:
Trust me, I won't post anything else about the damn camera.
As busy as I am with the new job, I'll just drop into lurk
status and let you all talk about donuts.

NO!!!  I *love* hearing 'bout new technologies.

And let's face it, Tom -- there's always gonna be three kinds of responses on this List:

1. Those who are outraged by the fact that you have the moral turpitude to dare have more money than they do (that'd be Larry, ferinstance) or to use anything other than Holy Oly (thankfully, a very small minority);

2. Tyros/newbies who don't yet realize the nature of this List, and that its topics spiral wildly away from Olympus but always eventually return (just like any good conversation with a "set" topic; Daniel [danrich] is rapidly falling into this category, IMNSHO); or

3. Those who are making sincere comments about which "better" equipment you could have purchased, without realizing that their opinions might be taken as criticism of your choice.

For myself, I love my Oly stuff, but the siren call of digital is slowly seducing me, and I'm seriously leaning towards the new Fuji FinePix S7000Z when it gets released in October (a 6 MP [12 MP interpolated] image in a prosumer package for a MSRP of $799.00! Whoohoo!). I really like my Fuji 4700, but it's three-year-old tech, and the imaging capabilities could use some serious updating...

Type on!

Garth