Re: [OM] print film question

Subject: Re: [OM] print film question
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:25:58 -0700
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am going to take non-commissioned pictures at some friends' wedding this
weekend, and I want to shoot a good print film.  I used Portra 400NC the
last time, and I dislike the results, especially compared to the Provia
and Astia I also shot. Almost every picture appeared flat and muted while
the prints I made from Provia were bright and crisp, even in full shade.
My wedding photographer used Fuji NPH in the 120 format, and I like those
pictures, but I wonder if there is a print film with higher contrast than
the NC but maybe a little less than the Provia?  Or maybe even a print
film that has similar characteristics as Provia as far as contrast and
color reproduction?

if you like 400NC and want more pop, try 400VC. fuji's version of 400NC is NPH, there is fuji version of 400NC. in 160 speed, 160NC=NPS 160VC=NPC

--
/S
AIM: iddibhai