RE: [OM] Pushing Film and an Intro

Subject: RE: [OM] Pushing Film and an Intro
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:47:23 -0700
-----Original Message-----
>From: reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Pushing Film and an Intro
>Hello - I'm new to this list, so I feel that I should start by
>saying that I prefer Dunkin' Donuts to Krispy Kreme, do not
>drive an SUV or own an elephant, know virtually nothing about
>Colorado, do not care one way or the other about the sexual
>preferences of my clergy or my cameras, and love (well made) bagels.

A brief welcome to the list.  Judging from your introduction, you'll fit in
just fine here.  A decent sense of humor and a thick skin tend to be
necessities.  And, if you survive and stay with the list for any length of
time, most of the listed character deficiencies you referenced will be
corrected!

>I do own an OM-G (I believe this is an OM-20 outside of the
>US).  Its the only camera I own and the only proper camera
>I've ever owned (Instamatics do not count).

Good place to start, most would agree.  Yes, G=20, F=30, PC=40.  The 10 is
just a 10, never distinguished by a letter.  And the single digits are just
that... Leaving off the whole 'T' vs. 'Ti' mess.

> Although I've
>been taking pictures for years, ....  So I could quite conceivably use 1600
film and
>push it to 3200 and where the ASA dial is set doesn't matter?
>
>What I would need is an external light meter.  Would anyone
>care to make recommendations about reliable hand held light
>meters which will not cost me one of the arms I need to hold
>the camera?

So far as I know, all true.  Others will come along with light meter
suggestions, as I don't tend to go there.

Again, welcome.  Take your billfold out and empty its contents on the floor.
Replace it in your pocket.  Get used to the feeling.